Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Stretch

Today was Hazel's four-month checkup, and happily there is little to report because she's one healthy girl. But she's growing like a weed!

If you remember, Hazel was born weighing about two pounds less than Cora weighed at birth. Hazel was just over seven pounds, and Cora was just over nine. Well she's caught up! At four months Cora was 25.25 inches, and Hazel is 26. Cora was 13lb 10.2 oz, and Hazel is 13lb 15.5 oz. Hazel's at the 94th percentile for length and the 50th for weight now.

Who knows how they'll continue to grow from here, but I wouldn't have predicted back in December that Hazel would be my bigger four-month-old.

We're coming to the end of the time when Hazel will be sleeping swaddled, so I thought I'd better capture one of her wake-up stretches while I still can:


P.S. In Cora anecdotes, I asked her what she wanted for breakfast the other morning, and she said "yemon toast." What could lemon toast be, I wondered. Something she made up? Something someone else gave her? Turns out it's toast with orange marmalade.

1 comment:

Greg said...

WOW! A champion 4 month old! and She is sure sweet and smiles so easily.

It will be interesting to see if she becomes the bigger sister.

I just sent Grandma to the store for Orange Marmalade so we can have "yemon toast".