Tuesday, April 19, 2011

First Salon Haircut

Of course, Grandma gave Cora her first haircut. And I had cut it several times since then. The older she got ant the thicker her hair got, though, the less forgiving it was of my amateur haircutting skills. I had just put off deciding what to do about it, and by the time of our visit to the Children's Museum, it was getting out of control. 

So the next day, I took Cora for her first salon haircut. She was great and very cooperative. She marched up to the front desk and cheerfully announced, "I need a haircut!"

She didn't complain when the stylist wet her hair down with the spray bottle or used the hairdryer, even though she hates both of those things at home.

 
The stylist was very speedy, which was good because I was pushing an antsy Hazel around the salon in circles in her stroller.
 

At the end, Cora got a well-deserved lollipop. I neglected to get any kind of "after" picture, though. Here she is a week later: 


1 comment:

Greg said...

Cora's always beautiful! Her personality out shines even a home haircut.

Pretty amazing how much she knows without being taught. She seems to "just know" that she has to put up with things in public. Or ...
Does she just know how to get out of things she doesn't really care for at home?
Still a member of the greatest little girl club.