Today was Cora's two-month well-baby check.
When medical students are choosing their specialties, the conventional wisdom they hear to scare them away from going into pediatrics is that what makes peds awful isn't the patients, it's the parents. So I try not to be a nutjob parent, but on the other hand, ohmygodthebabywon'tsleep andI'msureI'vewarpedher andthreea.m.isdarkandlonelypleasehelp!!
So last night was a terrible night, but I managed to scrape us together and show up for the appointment. When asked if I had any concerns I managed to explain Cora's sleep problems without foaming at the mouth, and the doctor managed to say all kinds of things that both made sense and were reassuring.
I'm not sure what they teach them in pediatrics residency, but somehow I always end up leaving our ped's office feeling that I'm a much better parent than I felt I was when we arrived. I'm even aware that it's the doctor's job to sort of manipulate me and talk me in off the ledge, and yet it still completely works. There is some sort of Jedi mind trick involved, I'm sure of it. "These aren't the droids you're looking for. Your baby is normal and you're doing a fine job with her." My baby is normal and I'm doing a fine job with her. (See?)
As for the routine part of the visit, Cora is now 12 lbs 4 oz and 24 inches long. She continues on her curve of being at the 85th percentile for weight and 95th percentile for height.
And then . . . the immunizations. They stabbed her right in her tender little baby thighs!
5 comments:
Are there pictures missing of her cute chubby little thighs???? Glad to hear that her check up went fine - shots are the hardest!
Hmm, not sure why pictures are going wonky, but there should be one picture of baby thighs and one picture of baby smile now.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. As Gomer Pyle would have said. Now I get my Cora fix.
She has a demented look in her eye.
I think she is taunting you because she played you like a cheap violin when they stabbed her tender little thighs.
She is a tough little thing!
Post a Comment