Monday, February 18, 2008

Cora, One of the Big Kids?

Cora won't be the littlest baby we know for much longer at all! In the past two weekends Cora and I have been to two baby showers for March babies.

This past Sunday we went to St. John, Indiana, for Jenny Coble (nee Lietzau)'s shower. She and her husband, William, are having a baby boy due March 11.

Cora made fast friends with Jenny's mom, Gerry--I think maybe babies everywhere and grandmas everywhere somehow make a little heart-match (to the benefit of mothers everywhere).

I forgot my camera (d'oh!), but take my word for it that pregnancy agrees with Jenny. And I'm sure motherhood will, too. Who'd have guessed when we met in the Ferguson Hall dorms in 1993 that neither of us would have any babies for fifteen years, but then we'd each have our first within just a few months of each other? We can't wait to meet her little guy (and find out his name, which is being kept for a surprise).


The Sunday before last was the baby shower for Sarah Lambert, who is due with a girl on March 3. There are some pictures here and here. It looks like that shower may have happened none too soon, though, because baby Logan Elizabeth is already giving signs that she's ready to come out soon! Looks like Cora's baby cousin could have a February birthday rather than March.

No comments: