Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009

Cora started off her Easter by checking out her Easter basket and then hunting for eggs in the morning. Both Geoff and I grew up hunting for eggs indoors, but I don't think Cora would recognize the eggs as "hidden" at this point. A brightly colored object tucked in an odd corner of the living room? Totally normal to her. She'd probably think she'd left them there herself. So I decided to have her hunt outdoors this year, which meant eggs scattered on the back lawn. That was pretty perfectly matched with her interest level. She quickly understood what she was supposed to do, and then we ran out of eggs about the same time she was ready to move on to the next thing.

That's right, you got it . . .
Now put it right in there . . .

Pssst . . . Cora, over here! I see a couple more . . .

Good job!

Later it was on to brunch at the Waukegan Yacht Club with the family.
Cora in her Easter dress. Dresses work much better when you're not a crawler anymore.

Cousin Logan's pretty smile.

Saying hi.

After brunch everyone went over to my mom and dad's house to hang out. We couldn't stay very late, but as always, it was wonderful to see the family, and I think we all had a pretty great Easter.

1 comment:

Greg said...

I certainly did! Thanks for sharing in the holiday with us.