Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Trip to the Botanic Gardens

I'm very delinquent on posting some of our summer outings, but will try to catch up.

Back at the end of August, Kyle called us up one weekend and asked if we wanted to go to the Chicago Botanic Gardens, which is only a short drive from our home. We love it there, so we met up with the three Lamberts and their friends the three Golwitzers for an afternoon out.

Stroller brigade of Brayden, Logan, and Cora. I'm not sure why, but Cora was very skeptical of having this photo taken.

The three-and-a-half Turners. I'm sporting an approximately 24-week baby bump here, and this is just a couple weeks after I finally started to feel like myself again after a tiresome first half to this pregnancy.

The Botanic Garden is a great place for a lovely walk, and all three kids took advantage. Brayden's getting a brief ride from his mom here, but he gave his legs a good stretch along with the girls.
This spot needs a chair and a good book, I think.
Geoff with a plant pyramid.


Not a bad place to spend an August afternoon at all . . .

1 comment:

Greg said...

Looks like you had a lovely day.

Maybe Cora was pouting because her cousin, Logan got to sit next to the eligible bachelor, Brayden? Maybe not.

She was having a lady's moment perhaps.