Cora's been watching far too much Sesame Street since I've been slumping around pregnant, and has learned all her letters and her numbers up to 18 from it. (Why things stop at 18, while 19 and 20 remain on par with advanced calculus, I'm not sure.) Sesame Street: Rotting and Enriching Kids' Brains for 40 Years. Seeing her learn new stuff--whatever it may be and however she may be learning it--is one of the funnest parts of having a toddler, though.Here I was talking to my parents on the phone while capturing Cora typing her letters and directing Geoff and I to "Watch!" as each one appears on the monitor:
5 comments:
okay, okay ...
Let me catch my breath a minute.
CRAP! I'M BLOWN AWAY!
Well if you can't impress your own Grandpa, who can you impress?
She'll probably be a late reader now, just to keep us on our toes! ;o)
I think she's saying "watch" to indicate that the letter is on the screen. (Because that what we do to glowing rectangles in our home. We WATCH them.) I don't think she really cares if we see them or not.
Holy Crap.
I am 1) proud of my niece and 2) a little terrified of the genius you've created.
Watch out world! Here comes Cora!
Okay! It's your turn again.
Post a Comment