Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Brookfield Zoo!

On Monday Hazel and Cora and I met Jenny and Ben Coble (who turned 2 already, in March!) for an afternoon visit to the zoo. I think it was the first time I've done an outing like this with both girls outside Evanston. I made it, and we had a fun time, and it's always great to see the Cobles.

Hazel likes being held a lot more than she likes riding in the stroller, so she spent most of the trip strapped to me in the baby carrier. I don't know how people get by without one.

Our double stroller does have a "sit-n-stand" option for the toddler, but instead, I took the tray completely off the front seat and left the seat belt unbuckled, and Cora climbed in and out at will. That worked out really well.

Here Jenny is holding up both toddlers to see the bear exhibit:

Cora declared that the stingrays were "beautiful":

The kids really liked the farm animals:

Ben bravely pet the rooster. Cora was very interested in looking at the rooster and baby chick, but it took her a while to work up the nerve to reach out with one little finger to pet the chick.
Cora was mesmerized by this lion, who posed like a star. This exhibit really got you right up close to the animal:

One of Ben's favorite things at the zoo is going on the carousel and riding in the peacock bench. Cora was happy to share in the experience:
Okay, Ben doesn't look thrilled here, but the camera just caught him at an off moment:

My favorite, the giraffes:

We saw lots of other animals, too, and had a great time.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Cora has a keen appreciation for many of the exhibits. She finds many of them to be beautiful or so pretty. I bet you enjoyed sharing your girls.

Ben has certainly grown! I keep checking the blog to no avail. I suppose blogging has become passe for many of the younger generation.