Thursday, November 3, 2011

And Then We Moved . . .

 . . . And then four months suddenly went by.

I'll try to keep this to the short version of the story, but let's just say that moving to South Carolina was not in my original life plan. But in a tough job market, you do what you have to do.

Which is not to say that I've spent the last four months being upset or unhappy--far from it. Lots of good things have been happening for us, and we've been working hard to build a life we will like here. To date, I feel like it's paying off.

This whole turn of events has been kind of stunning and surreal, though. I kind of wake up in the morning, look at the ceiling, and think "Wow, it's still true. I still live in South Carolina . . . ostensibly forever."

I think that less and less often these days, though--you can't be shocked forever.

For most of the summer we were just been kind of establishing our weekly routines. We were kind of penned in by some record-breaking hot weather and a rambunctious toddler who didn't handle outings well. We didn't dive right in to exploring the area the way we did last year in Minnesota.

Both of those things are calming down as we move through the fall, though, and we're starting to do some more blog-worthy activities, so it's time to dust off the ol' blog a bit.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Yea! We miss you guys!

Greg said...

Glad you are all getting settled in. I hope that you will all be very happy.

Things will get better with time.