Sunday, October 21, 2012

South Carolina State Fair

Oh I do love a good fair, and this one is right here in town. It's bigger than the Lake County Fair but smaller than the Minnesota State Fair, and very nicely done. Even though we were there on the last day, I have to say it was noticeably, surprisingly clean and fresh. Plus gorgeous weather and not too crowded, especially for a Sunday.

(I forgot my camera, so these are all taken on my phone.)

We arrived at lunchtime, so first stop was corn dogs and lemonade shake-ups. As you can see, Cora has de-corned hers, and also doesn't want to stop for a picture.

And Hazel who eats nothing devoured hers with gusto.

Off to the small animal barns.

Little ducklings slide down the water slide and then climb back up the ramps. Adorable.


Hazel injured her foot a couple days ago and is limping around with either a sprained or broken big toe, so we knocked the cobwebs off the stroller and brought it along for her.



Cora did work up the nerve to pet this rabbit, but jumped about a foot when it moved.

Petting zoo. 


Pony rides!

Hazel loved this, and grinned from ear to ear when that pony started sauntering along under her.

Elephant and camel rides--maybe next year.

Agriculture building. 


I like how they have the ribbon-winners displayed on these towers instead of tables.


Prize-winning peanuts. We're in the South now!

Cora and Geoff riding the dragon coaster. 

I love Cora's expression here. 


And on to the Ferris wheel. 



 

 The annual Elephant Ear!


Palmettos on the midway--another reminder whose State Fair this is!
Hazel the Hobbled only lasted a few hours, but this event was a definite win and we'll be back next year.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Looks like a very nice fair! Love seeing everyone having a great time.