Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween '12

At the pumpkin patch:


 Two seconds later this hug devolved into a wresting match:
 

Cora's initial idea for a costume was to be a "pink princess." Geoff tried to talk her into being a zombie princess, but she wouldn't go for it. When she found out that being a vampire involved wearing these cool plastic teeth, though, she was very into that idea.  So she got to have this conversation ad infinitum: "Aww, what a pretty princess you are!"
Cora in her scary voice: "I am a vampire!"
"Oh! Scary!"


Hazel was a very charming bumble bee, after seeing this dress and falling in love with it. I, of course, love that she's reminiscent of Bee Girl, icon of early-'90s misfits everywhere.
 
Trunk or Treat at the preschool, October 30:



There was a bounce house:
Trick-or-treating, October 31:

The neighbors had loud speakers playing spooky noises in their yard, so all of our pictures on the front porch have these wary side-eyes:


Jack-o-lanterns 2012. I did the ghost one with a cookie cutter and a hammer. Hammer might be my new favorite way to carve a pumpkin.

This year Geoff and I pretty much stayed on the sidewalk and the girls went up to the doors themselves.

Back at home, sorting the loot.



1 comment:

Greg said...

They are BEAUTIFUL!!! I miss you all so much. Can hardly wait to see you again.