The final field trip of the school year--a trip to Saluda Shoals, a park on the other side of the city. The kids had a great time, and I'm a bit mad at myself that it took me two years to discover that there was such a nice splash pad over there!
Hazel got to play hooky and come along, since the field trip was going to last beyond her normal pick-up time from school. There were lots of younger siblings there.
Time to break for lunch. Mrs. Ixis has been slaving away over the grill.
Another trip back under the sprinklers to wash all the ketchup off.
And a covered playground. A precious thing in the sultry South.
Good times! We really had such a good spring this year and I felt like we were really hitting our stride here in South Carolina.
1 comment:
I agree on the hitting your stride! That is a couple of delightful parks! Hope you get to go often. They are so cute whether they are smiling and playing or drowned little urchins. Lovely life there Mrs. Turner.
Post a Comment