I am sorry about the blog neglect, but as last time, first trimester really knocked me flat with nausea and exhaustion. I think it might be the worst a perfectly healthy person can feel. It was, in fact, perfectly healthy, though, which is no small thing.
I had long hoped to have our second child during Geoff's fourth year of residency, and this one is due smack dab in the middle of fourth year, so we couldn't be luckier. Nevertheless, now that it's upon us, it seems a little overwhelming. With Cora we were looking forward to meeting our new baby and settling in to get to know each other. This time we're equally looking forward to meeting our new baby, but we'll be doing anything but settling in! We're planning to move out of state when this baby is six months old, and move again when he or she is 18 months old. I hope this one's babyhood doesn't get lost in the shuffle.
Not to mention the usual worries about adjusting to life with two. The kids should be 25 months apart, and it's always an adjustment to get down the logistics of getting things done with two little ones. I imagine I'll figure it out like everyone else does, but no one says it's easy.
All that said, though, we're incredibly fortunate to have all this going on. Often the three of us will be hanging out having fun--knocking each other over with pillows on the bed, or Cora has this whole ritual with kissing us each on the cheek and then having Geoff and I simultaneously kiss her on each cheek--and I can't wait for a new baby to join the fun. We have a good time around here generally, baby, and we want you to be part of it, despite any problems with the timing and logistics of getting you here!
Here's the early record of the new little one:
The day after Easter, four weeks pregnant:

First ultrasound, to confirm heartbeat, eight weeks pregnant:

Genetic screen, twelve weeks pregnant. Note the little feet in this first image:


Also the baby was quite the gymnast during this scan, pushing up into that pocket of fluid above his or her head on long froggy legs, and then floating back down into this crouching position.
So all is well around here. Just a bit low on energy compared to normal, but already eager to meet our newest little one.
1 comment:
Thanks for posting! It will be a different pregnancy and as similar as the whole thing is it is as different as night and day. The babies are too.
You two are doing great with the first one and the second will be just as great if you keep doing what you are doing. Which is to love her and nurture all her best instincts.
Life just keeps getting better and better.
Love all four of you,
Dad
Post a Comment