Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Gender So Nice, We Had It Twice

Our 20-week ultrasound was two weeks ago, and showed that our new baby is looking healthy so far as they can see in there, and also that she is a GIRL!

I love parenting one girl, and am very much looking forward to parenting two of them.

It reminds me that when I was only
seven weeks pregnant, I had to tell our dentist I was pregnant because I had one more appointment to finish up some work on my teeth. (I had intended to get caught up on dental work before getting pregnant again, but didn't quite make it!) It came up that we already had a little girl at home, and the dentist said, "So you're hoping for a boy then, right?" I was surprised and said, "Oh! Umm, whichever, really." When I got home I told Geoff about it and said, "Prepare yourself, everyone's going to assume you want a boy this time." Geoff looked very surprised and said, "Really?? Cause I actually kind of want another girl. . . . Although a boy would also be good." Another girl it is!

Geoff was not able to go with me to the twenty-week ultrasound this time, even though the appointment was actually in his hospital just in a different department. He's getting most of his busy rotations out of the way early this year, so that he can have a bit looser schedule around the time the baby comes. We agreed that I could page him to come join me in the fetal diagnostics department if anything came up that needed to be discussed, but everything looked right as rain in there, so there was no need.

Here's the latest pictures of our girl:

There was also one showing the vagina with a big arrow pointing directly at it saying "It's a Girl!" but I'll just let you take my word for it. This machine was also a bit clearer than the machine I had for Cora's scan, and you could really see the structure of the skull as she twisted her head side-to-side, etc. It was pretty cool and surprisingly cute.

We have been making good progress in our name discussions, and will be sharing the final name soon, I think. It's a big decision.

We're glad to know the gender now, though, and have enjoyed being able to say "she" instead of "it."

2 comments:

Jen Turner said...

those ultrasounds are getting better and better! Crazy stuff - I'm glad you didn't post my nieces va-jay-jay!
I HEART NIECES TO SPOIL ROTTEN!!!

Greg said...

I'm not suprised that she is cute, what with her wonderful gene pool and evidence of the capability to produce beautiful girls like Cora.

I am excited for you, all FOUR of you.