She was a bumble bee this year:

The stinger would waggle when she walked, melting hearts everywhere. She still insists that the antennae are "ears" and the stinger is a "tail":

All four grandkids together for a picture.
I didn't think Cora would be interested in trick-or-treating this year, but I was a fool to underestimate her. I couldn't get her to say "trick-or-treat!" at the right moment, but she was happy to hold hands and go from house to house in the dark on this little adventure with her cousins. I think even at her young age she loved the novelty of it and seeing and commenting on all the decorations. We went to about five houses with the toddler girls:
When we returned to the house, everyone sorted their loot, and Aunt Tricia taught Cora how to lick a sucker instead of jamming that little choking hazard into her mouth. Her little cat tongue went to work and she eventually finished that whole sucker one lick at a time. There was some very sticky drool involved by the end:
Just the usual family chaos:
My outfit for the day. Well, mine and Hazel's. I freezer paper stenciled it onto one of my maternity shirts late the night before from a picture I got online. Thirty-three weeks pregnant this Halloween. I almost didn't get around to doing the shirt (it's been a busy time of year for us this year), but then I remembered that if I didn't wear it this year, when would I?

The theme of this year's pumpkin was "what can I carve in twenty minutes or so?" as it has been the past couple of years. This bat pattern won.
We weren't home to give out candy at our house this year, but our upstairs neighbors were, so I left our pumpkin on our porch with a battery-operated light inside, and it was still burning when we got home.
1 comment:
Good pictures! Of course you two are great subjects. As crazy as it is when everyone comes home, we love it!
I treasure every moment I get with you and our family. No dad could be more proud than I am of how well you are all doing in your lives and rearing your kids.
Post a Comment