One day when we were discussing what we should do that afternoon, Cora said we should go to the zoo. With Julieanna and Ben. I put together that she had Jenny's name and my name mixed up. And then it occurred to me that I've spent nearly every day for the past two and a half years with someone who doesn't know my name. We straightened out the facts, but I have to say it's pretty weird to hear your child call you by your given name for the first time. (Ornery Cora then wanted to insist that her name was Ben.)
3 comments:
"Ben" is so cute. I think I love her.
Really, how sweet is that? She does a pretty good job pronouncing your name. It is amazing the things we take for granted and they have to learn. It is facinating.
And in two years you can do this again.
That's too funny! Frequently, since our visit to the zoo, Ben has asked to see Julie-nanna. I think he's finally gotten the sounds in the right place for Cora...(instead of calling her Rocco or some variation!)
We taught Gaius our names and that he lives in Belchertown MA - just in case we ever "misplace" him!
It is kind of funny to hear them calling you your name...
Post a Comment