On Sunday we drove to Lake Harriet in Minneapolis and walked its 2.75-mile perimeter path. You know how we Turners love a good scenic walk.
We parked near the band shell and headed out.


We could see the band shell anytime there was a break in the trees, so we could keep track of our progress.

A little wooden footbridge.

(This what was left for Cora to wear on laundry day. I figure she's a toddler and people will just assume she just dressed herself.)
Side-by-side walking and biking trails. Very nicely done. The walking trail sported many matched sets of fancy dogs being walked.

Hazel was on my back and until she fell asleep, and then I moved her to the front. Also, I figured out it's best to tie her hat to the carrier and then set it on her head when needed, rather than tying it under her chin. Fewer instances of it getting twisted up or dropped.


A fun surprise:

Almost back to the band shell!

Geoff carried Cora a good portion of the way.

A band was in there playing Michael Buble hits. We didn't stay.

I think this walk would also be beautiful in the fall, so I hope we make it back.
2 comments:
Looks like nice weather for a "walk". I like overcast.
Cora is cute as a button! There is nothing wrong with her outfit. It reflects her mother's sensibilities.
I'm surprised you are pampering her! I would have thought you'd make her carry the baby for three miles at least. Just kidding.
Your solution for Hazel is cute! I'll call it a 'Hazel Cozy'.
I hope you all get to do these things regularly. And several of your photos have excellent composition! Give those girls a hug and tell them Grandpa loves them.
The lakes are so beautiful this time of year in Minnesota. If you can make it further west, try Lake Minnetonka, one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. Even though we didn't see each other very frequently when you lived here, I've been sad since you left too!
Jenny
Post a Comment