Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Comedy Duo
The girls continue to be good friends. One day Cora was herding Hazel up the stairs to the bedrooms and said to me, "Mom, I taking my sis'er upstairs, and you don't come." Um, okay. When I peeked up there to see what Cora had planned, I could see it involved running around our bed and shrieking.
The next day the three of us were in my room when Cora made reference to "monster baby." I asked what monster baby was, and Cora explained, "It means when you run on the bed, an' when da monster baby comes you scream, an' you have to flash the monster baby."
"Oh! Wow. What do you mean flash the monster baby?"
"Like this." And she flicked the light switch by the door on and off rapidly.
The "monster baby" in question could not have looked more guileless at that moment, contentedly stirring in a toy cup with a toy spoon, listening to this conversation with mild interest.
Cora's so pleased with herself when she makes Hazel laugh.
*Jumping on the bed is technically not allowed at our house, but that's one of the more loosely enforced rules so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think you tell a great story! I can see the joy.
Cora is intent on entertaining Hazel, that much is certain. That and the obvious joy Hazel takes from Cora's antics. They are a real pair of pals.
Post a Comment