Monday, July 22, 2013

Cora's Preschool Graduation

May 31 was Cora's graduation from Living Springs Preschool. I am verklempt just thinking about it. The two years that she was there just flew by.

Getting ready for graduation ceremony, Summer 2013:

First day at Living Springs, Summer 2011:




Talking to her classmates and her sister.


All lined up on the steps in the sanctuary. Geoff was able to leave work to be there for most of the ceremony, but had to go back for an emergency.




A song they learned in Spanish, "Sapo, Sapo, Sapo":

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" For a long time Cora insisted she only wanted to be a mom, and I kept telling her even moms who take care of their kids all day usually have something else they did between school and becoming a mom. She seems to have begrudgingly added veterinarian.

I love the mortar board twist here.

Cora is a lot of fun.


Mrs. Ixis, her teacher for this Pre-K year. She and Cora had quite an appreciation for each other, I think.

Pictures out on the lawn afterward. Hazel also had a good year at Living Springs, moving up from the toddler room to the more structured three-year-olds' room in December.




Almost the whole crew--one longtime classmate was away on vacation.

Also, we had to do a last-minute shoe substitution we discovered as we were getting ready that Cora had outgrown her Easter shoes in the two months since Easter! She is wearing last-year's sandals, which are also too small but of course more forgiving. Further evidence of how very fast our girl is growing.


The girls. Other girl classmates have come and gone in the two years, but these three have been there all along together.

Cake! A little reception afterward.


Hazel found a spot where she wouldn't get stepped on.

Happy kids.

Living Springs was kind of our anchor when we first moved to South Carolina and I was a bit adrift, and the girls had a good two years there. I'll always have a soft spot for it.

1 comment:

Greg said...

WOW! I feel like I've missed so much! I love seeing how you are all settling in and building a life; but, I am saddened that it is so far. I can hardly wait to see you all again.