This year, having recovered a bit from all that rapid change, I decided to switch things up a bit and we're having a few more summertime adventures here. Instead of staying for the summer session of preschool, the girls are doing a mishmash of different day camps available in the area. The challenging part was finding places that would take three-year-olds for drop-off instead of parent-and-child, but I managed to find enough programs that meet our needs that I still get all hours available for work that I require, and still came in on budget. Yay!
First up was a swim camp that I heard about through word-of-mouth from some other moms. It was at a pool in a part of town we'd never been to, but everyone raved about how great the teaching is and what great results they turn out.
It was one week--every morning for five mornings and then it was over.
And they posted pictures each evening of the day's session:

Both girls improved in their swimming, and for Hazel that included being much more willing to put her face in the water.
Cora's group:
Hazel's group--she made a point of telling me they all had pink swimsuits:
Supergirl:
They didn't spend the full three hours in the pool--there was a little dry-land time.
Meanwhile, I found a really nice coffee shop right nearby to work in, and also had a happy and productive first week of summer. Both girls did make leaps forward in their swimming, especially Cora, and were eager to go back each day. We got the summer off to a great start.

















1 comment:
Hazel looked less that thrilled in the first photo. Glad to see that she warmed to it. They are certainly expanding their horizons. Love them so much.
Post a Comment