Twenty-eight weeks exactly today, and that means that I am now in the third trimester. I had to look that up and double check it because that doesn't sound right--I mean, third trimester ladies are about to have a baby!
Geoff is very excited. I said, "You realize that the third trimester is the last one." Then he tried to convince me that we are ready, which is emotionally true but logistically very false.
Most gettin'-ready work has been stalled for much of August because my sense of well-being has become pretty weather-dependent. And there are only two temperatures: Not Too Bad or I'm Not Doing Anything And You Can't Make Me. Actually you could make me, but it would take something more compelling than the need to finish the nursery three months early. If the weather turns Not Too Bad again, we're really in pretty decent shape nursery-wise, but we do need a couple days to work on it still. Being pregnant in August is not really recommended, and yet, statistically, with pregnancy lasting three-fourths of a year, you're likely to have an August in there. So far I've survived half of mine.
Oh, and now that it's the third trimester I only have three months left to learn to expel a human from my body. That could also account for the varying levels of eagerness between Geoff and I--we have very different-looking finish lines to this thing. I'm glad, though--it makes me very happy to see how excited he is about all this.
Another good thing about starting third tri is that I can now officially state that second trimester went very well! All my grievances are petty and minor and all the big stuff has gone in our favor, so yay for a healthy and happy second trimester under our belt, literally and figuratively!
4 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I must admit, I was one of the few who was NOT pregnant in August. I can only imagine what that would feel like - I think I wouldv'e murdered someone for Air Conditioning - I was so hot in January!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you elaborate on the differnt-looking finsh lines for expelling Cora?
B
Just that Geoff's finish line doesn't involve pain management or stitches (if he's lucky). ;o)
And what are the chances that I'll end up lucky?
Post a Comment