She's still moving around a lot, but now is less soccer player and more Cirque du Soleil performer--I'm not quite sure what she's doing in there, but it feels acrobatic. I told Geoff sometimes she feels like some kind of little sci-fi shapeshifter in there, and he said "Aw, we'll love her just the same."My giant gut is starting to feel like just what it is, though--a small creature inside a bag of water. I can take my fingertips and push firmly on five different spots in succession, and four spots will feel like I'm pushing into a water balloon, and then on the fifth I'll happen to push upon something kind of pointy, like a little heel or a knee or an elbow (can't yet tell which one). This makes for a surprisingly interesting evening's entertainment.
They say subsequent pregnancies just aren't the same--that with one kid around already, you don't have the time to bask in all these little micro-events, and they're not so novel to you. So I'm trying to take the time to enjoy all these little weirdnesses with this one.
3 comments:
Jim banned the word "gut" in our household when I was pregnant. "It's not a gut! You're pregnant!"
I think in this context, gut is correctly the object of the kicks from this pregnacy.
I can't imagine what that must feel like.
Well, as much as I enjoyed this post I could use another word or two from you. It has been a week now.
Post a Comment