
The infamous "orange stuff" you have to drink for the glucose test was not nearly as awful as I had heard. Or rather it wasn't awful in a medicine-y way, but more in a lame junk food way. It reminded me of flat generic soda, or maybe more of that frighteningly vague "orange drink" they used to have at McDonald's. Mine was frosty cold and I was thirsty, though, so that makes all beverages more tolerable.
I didn't have any trouble getting it down, but I did feel mildly lousy about a half hour after drinking it (heartburn, nausea, general ooginess). I can see how if you were still experiencing any nausea at that point in your pregnancy the glucose drink could send you over the edge. As it was I was glad to come home and drink some ice water and lay down and finish the Harry Potter book afterward. On the list of pregnancy horrors, though, this one is ranking pretty low.
I also asked my doctor if with 8 doctors in the group practice I had a 1-in-8 chance of any one of them delivering me. She said only 6 take call and on weekdays and especially during business hours they really try to deliver their own if at all possible. But that all of them have very similar practice styles--as few interventions as possible, give every chance for a vaginal birth. Okey-dokey.
Other than that, this is a pretty quiet time in the pregnancy. She's just kickin' and growin' in there. Only one more week left in the second trimester!
1 comment:
Frosty? I took that syrupy stuff at room temperature - actually it was in my car because the office was too air conditioned. I wouldn't say it was horrific but certainly ew.
My doctor told me right at the end when I was pregnant with Alex that he had to go to a conference all of the sudden, the upcoming weekend. I looked him in the eye and told him to schedule my c-section for now. As it turned out, the doctor triggered something and my water broke the very next morning. Everyone ended up with their way - Alex got out, I had my doctor there and the doctor was right, I thanked him for insisting that I have this one naturally.
Enjoy the quiet. Soon enough Cora will have 5 friends over, all begging to go to the pool.
T
Post a Comment