- Ascend and descend in an airplane
- Go scuba diving
- Push out a baby
Thank goodness for husbands--I was able to send Geoff out for Sudafed (it's on my list of doctor-approved, over-the-counter drugs). He had to have his driver's license scanned, and sign something saying he wouldn't use it to make crystal meth.
He's also retreated twice to the couch to sleep. Once because of my violent coughing fits, and once because apparently my virus-clogged sleeping self is prone to making some kind of noise that's a cross between "a frustrated ape who really wants the banana bad, but can't figure out how to correctly stack the boxes to get it" and "a sea lion sleeping on a raft when another sea lion jumps up out of the water and lands right on top of him." I'd say that he's making that all up,
At my doctor's appointment this morning they were sympathetic but not too concerned. I had lost a pound this week but everything else looks good. I am not dilated much more than last week though--still less than 1 cm. She said that the bad news is that viral infections run their course more slowly in pregnant women because your immune system is a bit suppressed, but the good news is that you are passing your antibodies to the fetus through the placenta, so there's not much worry about the baby getting sick from this cold, whether she comes out now or later or whatever.
So hopefully I'll feel better over the next few days and then have this kid sometime at the end of the week. Or maybe I'll stay 1 cm forever and have to be induced ten days after my due date. Or perhaps I'll break my water at any moment by coughing or sneezing too hard.
12 comments:
Wow, only 1 day to go...come on, Cora!
How's the cold?
B
Perhaps he is maiking it up. Is it possible that in the dazed stupor of just awakening he confuses you about WHO was making the noise? It doesn't matter. When one is awakened in the middle for the night they just need to find any means of comfort and understanding that allows them to return to the dreams of their dreams.
I am so anxious that I am checking the blog every hour. This is so exciting.
no joke. sites such as this are blocked at school so it does make me crazy wondering if i am missing something.
a couple of you people need to draft text messages to be prepared an quick in relaying info: 1."water broke, going to hospital" 2. "contractions, going to the hospital" 3. "she's here, come see her".
No.2
Hey All,
Got the text early this morning about labor starting.
Any new updates from Geoff and Julieanna?!?
Brad
The "No.2" post threw me off but I figured someone was messing with us so I went to bed and didn't think much of it.
I am so impressed with Dad, I did not give him enough credit that he would be able to figure out texting! Sarah is so now the favorite dil now!
With the privacy laws now, it will be much more difficult to check up on the progress just by calling labor & delivery, the nurses can't play 20 yes or no questions.
It was way easier on 9-11-01 to blindly call the only Geoff spelled with a G in Queens. Luckily, no school today, we are open to all communication.
Mom said she only had 6 hour labors so Cora could be here anytime...
new text in from dad...
Cora is 9lbs 2 oz 6:35am everyone fine
new text in from kyle...
Cora is here! 9lbs 2oz. Visiting hours start at 11.
Wow, 3 text alerts going off at the same time. The kids couldn't find their phone but sitting here in the basement I hear it vibrating, it's not lost afterall.
Yeah, she's here. :)
So happy to hear Mom, baby, and Dad all made through just fine!
Please be sure to shower the new parents and Cora with some extra love and adoration for all of us out here on the East Coast!
Also, if anyone can email a picture of Cora to bradsps@hotmail.com this weekend, we would very much appreciate it.
Uncle Brad & Aunt Jen
Cora is beautiful!
We extended lots of hugs from the east coast too.
There are pictures on my blog and I emailed them. It is cool to pull up the picture of Gaius when he was hours old then flip back and forth to Cora.
Congratulations Turners we're very excited for you!
Love, Uncle Drew & Aunt Tricia
Thanks so much, guys!
Cora is beautiful, Mom and Dad look great, too.
Brad
Geoff & Juliana,
Congradulations, Cora is beautiful, she looks like her mommy! Feel free to call me if you have any baby questions.
Love,
Aunty Sue
Post a Comment