I still can't quite believe Cora's first year is over. I can see why the term "bittersweet" is applied so often to parenting.
As promised, here's some series of photos of her growing--from that sweet muscle-less little lump who couldn't even sit up to the dynamic sprite we've got today. They start at three months, because that's when I first read about this idea. Note that the eleven-month pictures are missing. It was a busy month around here, she was sick and oozing about the facial area for most of it, and somehow it slipped by, like life tends to do. :- ( They end at twelve months because that's already several months past when she would willingly sit in any of these positions for more than a fraction of a second! Getting the last few months' pictures were quite the feat.
She's laying on the baby quilt made by her late maternal great-grandmother, Ruby Bauer, in all of these. I tried to keep all conditions exactly the same from month to month, but that proved harder than I thought it would be! The photography is sadly lacking, but I think you will get the idea.
If you click on "View All Images" and then on "Original View" you can see them a bit larger, if you wish.









4 comments:
That's enough to make one weep! She is so sweet and I feel like I didn't hug her enough.
Seeing how much she changes every month makes it really painful to think that you will be moving before I could ever be ready.
I'm going to try not to think of that! I'll just be thrilled with how lucky I am right now with all three of my children and their families within a short drive.
Dad
Oh, Cora! So sweet in pictures, and in person.
PS
Don't give up on the series. She won't stop changing. When she is thirty the software will morph from picture to picture as she matures and the show will be amazing.
I'm the only one who can see the memories I have.
And its not too late to start for the rest of you. Of course some of you will look pretty grumpy in the pictures I start taking.
Dad
I love how her personality emerges. I love the smiles!
As a paraphrase from Kyle when Ashley was born..."I don't know if she (you) realize(s) how crazy they (we) are about her (your girls)."
Love you little Corapillar!
Post a Comment