Brad and Jen and
Gaius came to visit us this past weekend! It was a nice, low-key visit--we hung out, we went out to dinner, the adults chatted and the kids played great together. Gaius really brought out the toddler in Cora as she tried to keep up with her four-months-older cousin.


Note Gaius carrying the singing pig here.

Cora got said pig from her Aunt Tricia and Uncle Drew for her birthday--it sings Old MacDonald, complete with mouth and head motions. At first Cora thought it was a little scary and was kind of freaked out by it. However, Gaius
loved the singing pig, and with that kind of example, it wasn't long before Cora was nuts about it, too. They could both turn it on and off themselves, and now, even with Gaius gone, Cora can't get enough of it. In fact, she does a pretty reasonable rendition of the E-I-E-I-O part.

And Cora practiced standing. A lot.

I like your necklaces, Aunt Jen.


Cora's eager to walk around like Gaius but needs a little support. Note how supremely patient and tolerant Gaius is during all the shirt-tugging here. What a good-hearted boy!




What an ornery glint she has!
Cora on her birthday rocking horse from Aunty Sue and family.

On Sunday we went to the
Kohl Children's Museum in Glenview. I thought it would at least provide the kids with a change of scenery, but it turned out there were lots of exhibits that Gaius and even Cora could actually operate.
An air-pump machine:


Popping ping pong balls into the basket:


The train exhibit:



The music room:


Gaius and Geoff at the construction house:

Kiddie maze:



The water room was my favorite. Cora goes to town on those buttons:
Geoff showing her how to shoot the chimes with the water cannon:
They are safely back in Massachusetts now. We were sad to see them go on Monday, but hopefully we will see them again soon. We have been talking about their visit ever since they left.
4 comments:
We had such a great time - these pics came out awesome! We can't wait to see what Cora is up to next time we visit!
Awesome pics!
I am so excited that she loves the pig. Phew!!! :) I was sad for days thinking I had messed her up for life. Glad she changed her mind.
Looks like Kohl's was great for all of you.
I can't express enough what a wonderful time we had!
Cora is a doll, it brings a tear to my eye thinking about how nicely they played together.
Can't wait until we can all get together again.
B
Look how big they are! That haircut makes a huge difference.
And look at her, trying to keep up. She will be a walker soon and talking and independent. She won't be our baby any longer. She will be tagging along with Ashley and Alex.
These are some nice kids and loving parents. One can see it in every picture.
Dad
Post a Comment