Cora picked out a ghost template for her jack-o-lantern this year. I gave Hazel's the same teeth she had on Halloween--two on the bottom and a little sliver of one on the top. (It's taken me so long to get this post up, though, that Hazel has now fully cut both top teeth. It's totally changed her smile.) When it came to carving the pumpkins, we thought Cora might want to at least help scoop out the "pumpkin goo" as she called it, but she wanted nothing to do with it.
Attempts at getting a picture of the two of them were chaotic.
Hazel took her turn in the beloved octopus costume, and Cora picked out her butterfly costume this year. I didn't realize until I had them side by side what a lot of pinkness they are!

Our immediate neighborhood isn't that suitable for trick-or-treating, so we drove over to Cora's pre-school and parked in their lot to canvas the neighborhood around the school.
We just chose that spot because it was nearby and looked good for trick-or-treating (houses close together, sidewalks, short front yards) but they were harboring a couple houses that were really into it. This one had a bunch of inflatables all over their property.
And this was one of those houses that covered every inch of their property with decorations.
Hazel did really well considering she's sitting on two tentacles and her fingers felt cold. A lot of people tried to give her candy.
I think where I grew up you would say "trick-or treat" and hold out your bag or bucket and the homeowner would just drop their candy in for you. But I noticed that here lots of people would hold out a big bowl filled with several different kinds of candy and let the kid pick the one they like. We learned that given this opportunity, Cora, who can't read and is unfamiliar with most candies, will just always pick the red one. We ended up with an unfortunate number of Skittles and Kit Kats. Next year we'll have to school her on peanut butter cups and Snickers.
She was an eager little trick-or-treater, though, and was lots of fun.
Once it got dark there wasn't much photographing going on. This, however, is a picture of a baby chewing on a glow stick.

1 comment:
They are precious, even in their pinkness. They are a real pair. I can just imagine the fun they were.
You always do such a great job on their pumpkins! "Schooling" can be such fun and delicious. Maybe at breakfast!
Post a Comment