Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I Guess Bananas Are a Hit, Then

Cora started bananas today. We start new foods with just a small amount, of course, so that if it gives her some kind of belly ache it's just a little belly ache and not a big one. So she gobbles up her two tablespoons or whatever it was of mashed-up banana, and I show her the empty bowl and then carry it over to the sink. When I look back, she's engaged in a wrestling match to the death with the plastic bib she's wearing. "Aw, is that on too tight? Is it bothering you?" Nope, all that effort was just her twisting the bib up into position so her little cat tongue could dart out to lick-lick-lick the banana drips off of it.

You can have more banana tomorrow, kiddo.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy how much you enjoy these little moments with Cora. Children are fascinating creatures.

-- Dad --

Tricia said...

Feel fortunate she is not a puppy. She would be barking like crazy and or chewing up a shoe to get more food. :)

Julieanna said...

Actually she does both of those things. (Just kidding.) And to clarify, I did give her more rice cereal, just no more banana until the next day.

Sarah said...

Who knew bananas could be so exciting?? It's the little things in life... Is there anything you guys have come across that she doesn't like? Or are bananas the first step into the world of fruit?

We'll be looking for a video soon :) Or an Evanston trip sooner!

Julieanna said...

She hasn't had that many things yet. Bananas and sweet potatoes are definitely the big hits. Rice cereal is the staple, and it took her three tries to like avocado, but on the third day she ate it up. Next up are oat cereal, pears, and green beans. Exciting stuff.