Geoff and I joined last July when I was waddling through my second trimester, with his membership to activate immediately, and mine to activate March 1. So last month we started going in the evenings as a family so Geoff and I could both check out how the childcare area works and get on Cora's security card. That proved to be one too many things to squeeze into our evenings, though, so now Cora and I go during the day and Geoff goes after work.
Right now we're about 50/50 going in the morning vs. the afternoon, but my goal is to get us on a good schedule where I work during Cora's morning nap and we go to the gym as soon as she wakes up.
So if the weather is tolerable we walk there with the stroller, about a mile--and a mile home, which makes for nice bookends to the workout. Cora goes to the child care area. They have a "baby room" and a "big kids room." I'm not sure there's an official age cutoff, but the baby room does include walkers, and the big kid room is very loud and active. There have been times where Cora is the only baby in the baby room, and there have been times where there are about five other babies there. Usually it's one or two.
After signing her in, I head upstairs to the elliptical machine. Those things are a great invention. Each one has a personal TV attached, so it's like virtue and vice all wrapped up in one machine. It also tells you your heart rate so you can keep yourself from slacking. And I work up as much of a sweat as I do running, but it's not jarring and doesn't give me blisters. It goes by faster and easier than any workout I've done. I'm sure the Surgeon General will come out with a report saying elliptical machines cause arthritis and cancer and every time you use one three kittens die.
So hopefully this will continue to be a great addition to our routine for the summer and fall--it's hard to plan further out than that. Right now it's really nice to have something that's great for Cora and great for me and that we're both enjoying.
2 comments:
This is wonderful for you all. The Surgeon General may know these things now, but keeps it secret in the interest of national defense and the global war on terrorism.
I think with all the 'bugs' they have in the baby area that corapillar is more appropos. Soon she will become a beautiful flutterby.
you are making me look bad!!!
Post a Comment