Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

On my first Mother's Day, Geoff made us banana pancakes and sausage for breakfast, and then in the afternoon, we headed out to Grandma and Grandpa's. The aunts and uncles and cousins were all there. Cora got lots of attention, and loved every minute of it.

Ashley and Grandma read Cora a book.
Uncle Kyle burps Logan. Watching that kid get burped is almost like watching a sporting event--we sit on the edge of our seats with anticipation, and when she scores a goal, you can't help but cheer. And then she smiles.
Grandpa grilling the steaks.
Smiling babies stacked up like firewood at the grandparents' house.
Hope everyone enjoyed their Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Greg said...

I enjoyed it over the top. It was a wonderful day. Lot's of growing children from newborn to thrity-eight to be awed by.

Greg said...

I think as the song went, "I am my own Grand Pa." At first I did not recognize myself. After looking in the blog for a few days I realize how much it looks like my grand dad. Then I remember being told as a very small child that I walked like him.

He was run over by a taxi before I could remember and kicked by a cow when I was maybe three. So he walked with a very pronounced limp. Apparently, as a little boy I would mimic his walk as I followed him around on the farm.

Thanks for the good memories.