We had a lovely Christmas, but I did an absolutely terrible job of taking pictures of it.
Cora's a girl of much curiosity right now, so I limited our Christmas decorations quite a bit this year. I decided not to do a tree, but I did put some decorations up on the walls, the door lintels, the windows and such. If she stands up on the couch and reaches out there's one little ornament that she can nudge with her extended finger, and believe me, even that little ornament has been nudged within an inch of its life. There would have been no rest for a tree.
On Christmas Eve we were invited to Benita Jording's home (my older brother's mother-in-law, our two families go way back) for some terrific eats and a convivial good time by the fire. My parents and of course Drew-Tricia-Ashley-n-Alex were also there, and it was a great way to start off the holiday.
Two pretty cousins:

Christmas morning the three of us woke up in our apartment and had our now-traditional eggnog French toast and cranberry-apple compote. This year Cora was able to share them both with us and she loved them.
We opened some presents.
And in the early afternoon we headed off to my parents' house for present-opening and Christmas dinner with my parents, Drew-Tricia-Ashley-n-Alex, and Kyle-Sarah-n-Logan (it was Logan's first Christmas!). It was a great time, and last Christmas may have been Cora's first Christmas, but this year stands as the first Christmas she didn't befoul herself and wore the same outfit all day.
On New Year's we stayed home, like probably millions of parents of toddlers everywhere, and had some champagne and bananas foster.
This past year was mostly very good to us, but seems to have been very hard on the rest of the world, so here's to hoping for a joyful, peaceful, and prosperous 2009. We wish all good things to you.
2 comments:
I was feeling some concern that Cora didn't have a tree; but, I do understand the challenges that would have presented.
And she did have a loving christmas.
She looks so safe and content in her Daddy's arms. I love those pj's and bare feet hanging down.
Isn't it just the best feeling to have your kid love you?
I love it! SHe is getting so big...
I WANT VIDEOS OF WALKING CORA!!!!
Post a Comment