Friday, January 9, 2009
Hello, Operator
I have a few cute Cora videos to show. Well we think they're cute.
She got this phone for her birthday, and since then she has witnessed me having--I'm pretty sure--thousands of fake conversations on it. She loves to hand me the phone and see what I'll say. And I'm shocked at how easy it is to get chatty with an imaginary friend. Note to anyone thinking of having children: Understand that children enjoy repetition. A lot. But it's how they learn and it's a joy when they pick something up themselves.
I love how she holds the phone too far back behind her ear, and how her voice has the right inflection and pauses for a phone conversation, even though she's never had a real phone conversation.
When we have her talk to a real person on the real phone, she invariably looks shocked that a voice is coming out of the earpiece, insists on pulling the phone away and staring very hard at the magical voice hole, and pushes all the buttons. Her pretend phone skills are far superior to her real phone skills. Excellent play-acting once again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
She is beautiful AND smart. She makes a very good attempt at speaking nonsense that sounds real but incomprehensible.
She is a joy to watch. You may have to get Skype is it? Then we can just talk 'face to face'.
Or maybe a Cora webcam so I can just watch her day online. Then I'll just miss the hugs.
I love the "Hello?"
{{{{huggs}}}}
Post a Comment