Monday, May 7, 2007

BUN Results (For Those Who Enjoy Statistics)

Risk for Trisomy 21 (Down's Syndrome) before screening: 1 in 508
Risk with screening results factored in: 1 in 3,613

Risk for Trisomy 18 & 13 before screening: 1 in 924
Risk with screening results factored in: 1 in 10,000

Those are both considered low-risk results, no further testing necessary, so I'm done thinking about those disorders until otherwise notified.

2 comments:

Sally said...

So glad this wonderful news is finally "public" now and you are over the first hump! Keep the postings coming - Grandpa and I both enjoy reading them. We are very excited for you both ( and for us, too - grandchild #3!)

Anonymous said...

Julieanna & Geoff
I am SO HAPPY for you I can hardly speak! I just want to dance for joy! Know this is something you have been wanting and waiting for, so am so glad it is finally happening for you. I have so enjoyed reading your blogs! Glad know of the history since you wanted to wait to "go public". Now can feel a part of it from the beginning.
Maybe will have to think about a Christmas trip this year to see Baby Turner!