The room is 7'5" x 9'5", and I'm beginning to get curious about whether we can configure the necessary furniture in there. When I showed Geoff the size of the crib using the tape measure, he said, "Wow, that's big." It's a standard crib.
I keep reminding myself that generations of people raised babies in one-room log cabins. And in fact the baby won't live in an apartment like this its whole childhood, just for 2 1/2 years. It won't even remember this apartment.
So these are our before pictures:
and hopefully we'll be able to transform it into a nice space to spend one's infancy in. When we first viewed this apartment, there was a college student living in this room, so I guess the baby can handle it.
The crib has been ordered and is on its way, so we have five weeks (a little less now) to get the room painted. We haven't chosen a color yet, but I'm thinking it will be something airy. We're kind of debating between a very light lavender and a light vanilla yellow similar to what's already in there. As you can see, the walls have been spackled and primed after the last tenant, but not painted since we moved in. I'm looking forward to doing the painting and seeing the room transformed.
1 comment:
Since the wee one won't be remembering it I'm thinking it's good enough as it is.
If the room's not to their liking just shut the drawer.
Post a Comment