Monday, May 21, 2007

I *Heart* Second Trimester

Fifteen-plus weeks already? How did that happen?

Second trimester has been going as quickly as first trimester went slowly. And as bad as I felt during first trimester, that's almost how good I've been feeling now. I can see why they call it "the golden trimester" or "the honeymoon of the pregnancy." It helps that the weather turned spring-gorgeous about the time I started turning the corner, too. Since I've noticed no one uses terms like golden or honeymoon when describing the third trimester, I'm trying to enjoy this phase while I can.

I had a good routine doctor's appointment a week ago. The nurse said, "Pregnancy seems to agree with you." The heartbeat is getting easier to find and still sounds good. I like that each little whoosh is carrying the blood around and around it's little body, making it its little parts develop. It's the sound of growing.

In the meantime, we're starting to get going on some more concrete preparations for baby, which I'm planning to post about this week. I'm starting to feel like I'm actually a pregnant person, though, rather than just sorta probably pregnant and waiting to see how it goes. This is it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jules,

Don't let the doomsayers scare you. Third trimester isn't that bad!

I remember when Jen turned the corner and started feeling better. I could finally enjoy dinner without feeling guilty!

Do your plans include a doula? I must know.

Look forward to your next post.

BRAD

Julieanna said...

We haven't gotten into specific birth plans yet (right now we're focusing on preparing a place to bring the kid home to) but so far our plans do not include a doula.

The more I get into it, though, the more I can see why people would choose a doula. I think it's a good idea to get yourself a setup (within reason) where you feel safe, comfortable, and confident going in, and I can see how that setup would have different components for different people.

And I hope third trimester isn't so bad! I can already feel something sitting in my pelvis, though, and that something is only going to get heavier, hopefully. It's good motivation to get started on the proverbial (and literal) heavy lifting before third tri gets here.