Seriously, my belly isn't that much bigger, but when it comes to our daily work habits, I think we get so used to our own little modus operandi that we really notice any little forced changes to it.
The edge of the desk pressing more and more into my belly makes the baby kick a lot, which is fine by me, but makes me concerned she might be too squished. I would be annoyed if someone stuck a giant desk edge into my living space.
So far the problem has been alleviated by lowering my chair a few inches, which makes the belly slide more under the desk instead of against the edge of it, though it makes the angle I'm working at more awkward.
I don't mean any of this as a complaint, as obviously this beats, say, picking rice, giving birth in the field, and lashing the baby onto my back before resuming the day's harvest. Or an infinite number of other jobs I might have while pregnant. I'm just saying I'm not sure what to do when I can't reach the manuscript anymore, let alone the keyboard.
2 comments:
You'll just have to get one of those grasping devices with suction cups on the end that old people use to pick up stuff and attack each other with.
Your desk is so neat!!
Post a Comment