The bad news: What's happening to my pelvis? It feels like a folding chair held together by rubber bands, instead of by regular hinges and welding. I feel like I have to roll over in bed one piece at a time, and then reassemble when I settle in on my other side. And when I walk for a long distance it's like my hips and back and thighs start to come out of joint or something. I think the real reason pregnant women waddle is not that they are huge, but that their hips aren't put together right anymore. This was worse last week than it is this week, though, so maybe I've plateaued with this for a while.
The good news: She's kicking all day long now, and I can't even tell you how great that is. Feels like little electrical pulses across my belly--like springs going off, or an involuntary muscle twitch. And I guess it is someone's muscle twitch, just not mine. It's heartwarming to know she's there. If she'll keep doing that, she can disassemble my pelvis however she wants.
2 comments:
Awwwww. I'm glad she's moving around in there too!!
Greta
I hope this means she is a good swimmer. I finally broke down - I couldn't wait any longer, my little niece will be ready for the pool next summer. I bought what I hope is her first swim suit. It is so cute and so little!!!
I vividly remember when I was pregnant with Ashley, the summer olympics were going on. I remember watching the swimming and talking to her then saying "stroke, stroke, stroke...!" It turns out she is an awesome little fish and a really good swimmer now. Actually both kids are but Alex often acts like he had lessons at PetSmart and the girls think he is cute. Drew had them both swim about a half mile in Lake Michigan on the 4th of July where it was like 20 ft deep without their life jackets.
Keep practicing your strokes little Cora!
Post a Comment