Sunday, October 17, 2010

Musical Car Seats

Pieces of baby equipment Cora has had to give up solely because we needed to start using them for Hazel:
  1. Crib
  2. Booster seat/high chair
  3. Convertible car seat
  

Hazel has moved up to our Britax Boulevard, and Cora's in a Britax Frontier 85. And whew, once you have two or more kids it's like solving a word problem to figure out who should get what car seat. "If Child A is likely to have a seated shoulder height of X inches before age 8 but can switch from a five-point harness to a booster by age 5, but Child B is likely to exceed the weight limit of Y pounds before the seat's six-year expiration date but only rear-facing and on alternate Thursdays when the moon is full . . . "

Anyway, in this new configuration they can hold hands. Which I know because Hazel reached out toward Cora, and Cora grasped her hand and said ardently, "Best friends, Hayzo! Best friends!" And then my heart burst.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Hey! I thought I was her best friend! Did you turn her against me? Have you poisoned her mind?

I understand, it's okay since it is her sister. They should be best friends for life.

That is too sweet. They are a real pair of dolls.

Chocolate milk for everyone; on me!