Thursday, October 28, 2010

Stair-Climber

Hazel loves climbing the stairs, and part of the game of it is the thrill of getting "caught." Lots of times it's suddenly quiet and I look around the corner to find Hazel up on the second or third step, watching the kitchen doorway and waiting for me to come catch her red-handed. She squeals in delight and tries to scramble up the stairs away from me, but she can't really scramble yet. She doesn't know if I'm going to let her finish climbing or snatch her up and give her a kiss--it goes about 50-50. (It depends on whether I have time to follow her upstairs at that moment.)

Here she's not waiting to get caught because this is the second time she's climbed the stairs in five minutes. 
You can see we do have a gate, and if I know I won't be able to stop what I'm doing to catch her climbing the stairs, I put her on the other side of the gate. 

1 comment:

Greg said...

Hazel is very good at climbing the stairs. It is hard to imagine that she was just strarting to crawl when we were there last.

She will soon be scampering and scrambling. We need to Skype more often so she knows us on sight. Give those gorgeous girls hugs and kisses for us and tell them we love them so very much.